Sunday, September 18, 2022

Crown Cafe Lai Chi Kok 皇冠冰室 (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

I was on my way to Cheung Sha Wan Plaza to check out a couple of new restaurants there when I unexpectedly stumbled upon a new cha chaan teng across the street. A closer look revealed that it's a name I was familiar with based on my extensive stroll in Mongkok – Crown Cafe (皇冠冰室)


It's a pretty spacious venue for a local tea restaurant, almost as big as Lok Tin (樂天冰室) across the street, which is a firm favorite of mine.


Iced milk tea and instant noodles topped with beef marinated in sacha sauce.


First off, let's check out the milk tea. It was silky smooth, a little strong with tea flavors (which is fine) and not quite enough of condensed milk. I thought that's a pass.


Now, the instant noodles topped with beef marinated in sacha sauce (沙茶牛肉麵).


The noodles weren't bad but the beef was a little on the rough side.


Butter toast, fried egg and sausage. Nothing really to write home about.



So, I guess it's another alternative for me for breakfast but nothing really to get too excited about. I do look forward to their sweet and sour pork rice though. They've got a good one based on my previous experience at their MK outpost.





Food Rating: 4.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop 2A, G/F, Elite Industrial Centre, 883 Cheung Sha Wan Road, Lai Chi Kok, Hong Kong
Tel: +852 3797-3147
Closest Metro Station: Lai Chi Kok
Opening Hours: 6:30am - 10:30pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think