Saturday, May 15, 2021

Lok Tin Cafe Lai Chi Kok 樂天冰室 (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

I really wasn't planning to have breakfast this morning but I ran into a brand new cafe (Hong Kong style one) called Lok Tin Cafe (樂天冰室) on the road unexpectedly.



Huge is probably the right word to describe the size of this cha chaan teng (茶餐廳) as most of the typical local tea restaurants only sit 20-30 max. I am guessing they have a capacity of over 100 here.


The first thing I used to judge the quality of a tea restaurant - its silk stocking milk tea (絲襪奶茶). This was silky smooth and very milky. The rich tea flavors not as strong as most places which was right up my alley.


This particular breakfast set came with noodles and beef, as well as fried egg and crispy toast. Well, I won't mind starting every morning with this!


The noodles were pretty tasty. I was impressed with the richness of the broth (in some places, it tasted like water) working well with the "al dente" noodles.





Food Rating: 5.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop C2B, G/F, Hong Kong Spinners Industrial Building, 808 Cheung Sha Wan Road, Lai Chi Kok, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Lai Chi Kok
Tel: +852 6226-0628
Opening Hours: 7:00am - 10:00pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think