Sunday, October 10, 2021

The Grand Buffet 自助山 (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★★☆

The second half of the year is always the busier one for our family as we have tons to celebrate about. Following the birthday of Jelloman and her dad in previous months, it was her mom's turn. Little nugget was of course very fired up about the occasion and he was even more fired up when he found out that we were going to have a lunch buffet together.



It was my call again and I picked The Grand Buffet (自助山) a couple of months ago because of this incredible view. Our buffet was in danger of being wiped out by a typhoon 24 hours ago but thankfully, it left Hong Kong before we woke up this morning.



People who actually took the time to read this blog know I normally take on one buffet every year. It's just my cup of tea but our old folks love it so here we are. As usual, we started things off at the seafood station.



I'm going to get myself some French Tourteau Crab (麵包蟹) to start the meal with.



Some yummy crab roes with prawn tempura and roasted duck leg! 


Next dish, more crab (this time I remembered to flip it up, look at the roes!) and fresh clams.


More tempura. They only have a handful of choices when it comes to Japanese tempura (prawns, eggplant, green peppers) but they were pretty nicely done. The eggplant very juicy today.


Time for some salad and I've added some smoked salmon there for the savory flavors. And no greasy dressing for me today. 


People have been raving about their har gow and siu mai on the social media. Let's find out. Hm.....not bad.


And just when I was still having roasted Chinese meat, little one was already enjoying his desserts including some eggettes! Is that a little early for dessert, son?


Dessert was just OK. The tiramisu and pandan panna cotta were worth the stomach space but not the mango mousse and opera cake.


Always got room for some fresh fruits.


There was only one station that I didn't pay a visit to and that was the sashimi and sushi counter. It was always one of the more popular places at a buffet but not for me, especially when I've had a couple of sushi meal this week already.


I don't think I have said it very often these days but I really enjoyed the service around here this afternoon. The team seems committed to doing their best to accommodate us diners while never forgot to put a smile on their face. That's surprisingly hard to find these days considering many restaurants (even mediocre ones) had no problem attracting customers in this era of revenge dining and shopping. 





Food Rating: 6/10
Price: $$$$
Address: 62/F, Hopewell Centre, 183 Queen's Road East, Wan Chai, Hong Kong
Tel: +852 2506-0888
Closest Metro Station: Wanchai
Opening Hours: 12:00pm - 2:30pm, 6:30pm - 10:00pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think