Wednesday, October 27, 2021

The Mandarin Cake Shop (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★★☆

It's medical examination day today. I suddenly woke up after being put to sleep for a couple of hours (inside an operation room) early in the morning. Shortly, I was reminded by my growling stomach that I haven't eaten since yesterday afternoon (3pm!). That's almost 20 hours!

Since I have a scheduled meeting with my doctor in half an hour, the good nurse told me to better maximize my time for a quick breakfast (before I pass out). So, I quickly got dressed and headed downstairs. Good thing I was in Central so good breakfast spots are never in shortage. 



I decided to check out The Mandarin Cake Shop since I haven't been there for ages. 


I didn't want to feed my stomach with too much creamy stuff so just a cup of English Breakfast tea and perhaps a plain cronut. That should get me through the rest of the morning.

The Mandarin Cake Shop, Central Hong Kong breakfast spot cronut

This cronut is looking amazing (or am I just too hungry!).

The Mandarin Cake Shop, Central Hong Kong breakfast spot cronut

Instead of powdered sugar, it came with a generous sprinkle of "real" sugar. 

The Mandarin Cake Shop, Central Hong Kong breakfast spot cronut

Very flaky and I could taste all the layers in between. Definitely won't mind having one of these every morning.

The Mandarin Cake Shop, Central Hong Kong breakfast spot cronut



 

Food Rating: 6/10
Price: $$$
Address: M/F, Mandarin Oriental Hong Kong, 5 Connaught Road, Central, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Central
Tel: +852 2825-4008
Website: www.mandarinoriental.com.hk/hongkong/fine-dining/the-mandarin-cake-shop
Opening Hours: 8:00am - 8:00pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think