Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Plat du Jour Pacific Place (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

July is traditionally a very busy month for me at work. I have been looking for a chance to squeeze in a quick lunch in admiralty amid my busy schedule and finally managed to do so, albeit it wasn’t at my favorite place in the area (Restaurant Petrus), Instead, it was Plat du Jour. Well, it’s still French food and at least, I’m not breaking the bank with this meal.

 

White asparagus – A lot of French restaurants are showcasing their white and green asparagus dishes so I’m not surprised to see one here.

 

I thought the menu said “white” asparagus but they showed up a little more green than expected (perhaps the foam was made with white asparagus? Well my server didn't explain it to me so I guess I would never find out). Anyways, I was in a bit of a rush so I didn’t voice it out to my server.

This was a pretty interesting combination, with the French (presumably French) green asparagus matched up against a disk of cheesy goat cheese custard. I like the savory Jamon Iberico ham bringing some intense flavors to the dish while the crushed hazelnuts delivered some much needed crunch. But the asparagus and goat cheese custard...meh~

 

Chicken Paillard – An old French recipe with the slice of chicken breast pounded thin and deep-fried. It was served with a poached egg and tomato fondue.

 

I thought the dish would be better served with a soft-boiled egg so the runny egg yolk could add a bit more flavor and texture to the mix.

Creme brulee  I was a bit pressed for time but 5 minutes is all it would take for me to finish my dessert. A traditional creme brulee helps to wrap things up.

Like my previous meals at Plat du Jour, I wasn't particular happy with today's service. Not that the servers were rude or anything but they were never really interested in making my dining experience a memorable one. Things were always very rush and they never care enough to take the time to tell me about my dishes.



Food Rating: 5.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop 007, LG1/F, Pacific Place, 88 Queensway, Admiralty, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Admiralty
Tel: +852 2715-0511
Website: www.platdujourhk.com
Opening Hours: 11:30am - 10:30pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think