Friday, June 26, 2020

Pici Pasta Bar Lai Chi Kok (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

I'm taking Friday afternoon off to well, rest my sore back and more importantly, work on my Football Manager game which is taking a ton of my time these days. It's been a while since I last checked out Pici Pasta Bar in Lai Chi Kok so that's where I was heading for my quick lunch before heading home.



Surprisingly at 2pm, Pici was still packed with customers. I guess it's back to "business as usual" for most eateries these days. The tabletop privacy dividers are still on. I think they will remain there for much of the year.


Vitello Tonnato - I kicked off my lunch ($158, 3-course) with a classic Vitello Tonnato as usual. The thin sliced veal was topped with creamy tuna mayonnaise and Sicilian capers. A very lovely combination of flavors from the land and sea. Always a popular choice around here along with the beef carpaccio.


Tagliolini - I decided to drop a few extra bucks for the freshly made tagliolini because it came with fresh shaved black truffle! The pasta was very eggy, which is always a nice match with fresh truffle. My only complaint was the pasta being a little overcooked making its texture a tad soft for my liking.


Tiramisu - As always, I finished off my lunch at Pici with their classic tiramisu. This is as classic as it gets with foamy mascarpone, ladyfinger, coffee powder among other ingredients working in harmony.


A sweet and powerful end to my Italian lunch.


As usual, service wasn't particularly attentive (like all of the Pici's) but I will tolerate that as long as their dishes continue to be this good.




Food Rating: 6/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop G03, G/F, D2 Place TWO, 15 Cheung Shun Street, Lai Chi Kok, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Lai Chi Kok
Tel: +852 2557-7227
Website: www.pici.hk
Opening Hours: 12:00pm - 3:00pm, 5:00pm - 10:00pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think