Sunday, June 21, 2020

Dang Wen Li by Dominique Ansel 當文歷餅店 (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★★☆

Our Father's Day celebration continues after our dim sum lunch at House of Jasmine (八月居). Dang Wen Li by Dominique Ansel (當文歷餅店) is kind of my idea to begin with but Jelloman agrees to it cuz her parents have not been here before. Believe it or not, it's already my sixth visit here and now that I've already tried every single one of their desserts, I can handpick the ones I want more this afternoon.



Lemon Juice Box ($62) - The most iconic dessert from Chef Dominique based on the nostalgic look but I thought it tastes equally as good (as it looks). The Earl grey mascarpone mousse, bergamot curd and white chocolate combined to re-create the flavor reminiscent of our local lemon tea. And there's something about the crunch that I absolutely love thanks to the almond biscuit and crispy feuilletine.


Fish Balls ($68) - Probably my second favorite dessert here. The chewy mochi "fish balls", which were made to order, were filled with homemade red bean ice-cream. The contrast in temperature really made these extra special. Glutinous rice dessert lovers will absolutely love it~


Mochi Peanut Chausson ($38) - A flaky puff pastry turnover filled with mochi and peanut cream. I thought it tasted more savory than sweet, and more importantly, I would love a bit more peanut cream there in the middle.


That will be it for my Father's Day celebration this year. Frankly, I would much prefer to spend it overseas but with all the travel restrictions imposed by different countries, I think I will take this one.




Food Rating: 6.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop OT G63A, G/F, Ocean Terminal, Harbour City, 3-27 Canton Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Tsim Sha Tsui
Tel: +852 2613-8618
Website: www.dangwenli.com
Opening Hours: 11:00am - 8:00pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think