Monday, April 13, 2020

Takano Ramen 多賀野 K11 Musea (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

I still have some expiring coupons with me so I'm going back to K11 Musea to get the unfinished business settled this weekend.


Like many Japanese ramen shops in town, Takano Ramen (多賀野) is a direct import from Japan but what they do have is a special pedigree - they are one of the few Japanese ramen shops who have garnered a Michelin star before.


I love a place that makes their own ramen noodles on the spot. It's the only way to keep their key ingredient fresh.


A final look before I retreat to my table.



Chashu and Duck Tsukemen Ramen ($168) - One of Takano Ramen's heart and soul, and by far their most expensive offering.


Nice to see their homemade flat noodles in action.


The pork and duck tsukemen soup made with pork, duck, chicken and fish was supposed to blow me away but it didn't. The lukewarm temperature had something to do with it. I like it a little warmer.


The barbecued pork was very nice with lovely smoky flavors bursting out immediately with my first bite.


The soft-boiled egg slightly marinated, was very tasty too.


Takano Soy Sauce Ramen ($128) - When it comes to Japanese ramen, little nugget is much less adventurous and he's sticking with his shoyu (soy sauce based) ramen. This wasn't your typical soy sauce ramen though; in fact, it's Takano's signature choice blending quality free range chicken, seafood and pork bones into the clear and sweet soy sauce soup base. Not bad.


Spicy Sesame Ramen ($138) - Takano's unique take on the modified Japanese-style dan dan ramen.


I was told it's just mildly spicy so the extra kick won't overpower the sesame flavors.


It came with tons of scallions.....


I have to admit, the dan dan noodle style sauce worked admirably with the flat noodles. In my opinion, the best out of the trio highlighted by the lovely spicy kick.


Food Rating: 5.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop 220, 2/F, K11 Musea, 18 Salisbury Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: East Tsim Sha Tsui
Tel: +852 2881-8331
Opening Hours: 12:00pm - 10:00pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think