Thursday, April 9, 2020

Passion by Gérard Dubois at Langham Place (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

I'm again doing my small part to support local restaurants and cafes this afternoon. I have been doing this whenever I go out and today, my adventure starts in Mongkok, Langham place to be exact.



It's been a while since I last visited Langham Place (and MK!) so I decided to drop by Passion by Gérard Dubois for a quick look. Surprisingly, the cafe was about half full around lunch hours which would be very close to their full capacity under the new rule (of halving the capacity of restaurants). Not bad.



You can tell business has been suffering just by looking at their display counter. On a typical day, they would be refilling this but only 15 pieces of pastries and not a whole lot of variety there.



Mandarin and Passion ($47) - I'm assuming passion refers to passion fruit here. This comes in a very cute "wu lou" shape (or better known as calabash and bottle gourd).



I know I can always count on Passion's mousse cake to be silky smooth and deliciously rich but I would like to see a little bit more texture in this one. This wasn't bad; I actually like the pistachio dacquoise hidden under the mousse but more contrasting texture would be welcome!



I must admit that I'm not in a very good position to comment too much on this cake because a small accident happened. Just when I finished taking photos of it, I went back into my room and when I finally came out again, almost the entire cake was gone! And my little nugget was sitting right next to the almost empty plate...(he should be writing a few words on this post.)




Food Rating: 5/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop 11, Level 4 Langham Place Shopping Mall, 8 Argyle Street, Mongkok, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Mongkok
Tel: +852 2967-8812
Website: www.passionbygd.com
Opening Hours: 8:30am - 11:00pm (Mon - Fri), 8:30am - 11:30pm (Sat - Sun)



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think