Friday, April 10, 2020

Four Seasons Hong Kong's e-Shop for cakes and pastries (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

I started hearing about Four Seasons Hong Kong opening an online boutique showcasing the buttery viennoiseries and sweet creations by award-winning executive pastry chef Ringo Chan about a month ago, and they finally got their website running in late March. Out of curiosity, I decided to check out this e-Shop and to my pleasant surprise, most of their viennoiseries including croissants, pains au chocolat and flaky danishes are comfortably priced at $25 while their cakes are just $55 apiece. Not bad prices to pay for high-quality cakes and pastries from a luxurious 5-star hotel like Four Seasons Hong Kong. The only problem for me was the fact that they didn't have their own pick-up counter so we had to pick things up at The Lounge at the hotel lobby.



I didn't know if they were trying to keep it low-profile or what but this table with a sign that said "Cakes and Pastries pick-up point" simply wasn't eye-catching enough so I had to trouble the hostess from The Lounge for my order. 



After a 10-minute wait, they finally found my order and curiously, my cakes were all placed in a giant square box which they probably used for celebratory cakes. I kind of joked with the hostess that I better took a few photos now, otherwise the cakes probably won't look the same when they arrived at my house.



Sicilian Pistachio Danish (西西里開心果醬丹麥酥) ($25) - I passed this to mom since she's such a big fan of pistachio and she reported back saying that the flaky danish was indeed very delicious. I didn't get to try it myself so I'll take her word for it.



Forest Mushroom (大紅花雜莓朱古力蛋糕) ($55) - The moment I saw this on their e-Shop, I knew I had to get it for my little one. It's so cute! This was the only cake that didn't take a head-first dive during my journey back home.



This turned out to be signature pastry. The top part of the cake featured soft and creamy Manjari chocolate crème with forest berries mousse.



The bottom part (in white) again came with Manjari chocolate crème but this time there were also hibiscus and forest berries compote hidden in the middle so it was bursting with fruity flavors and lovely acidity at the same time.  



Cheesecake with Fresh Strawberries (草莓芝士蛋糕) ($55) - This one probably took an awkward fall so I had to re-organize the strawberries back on top of the cheesecake. I thought I did a good job of it.



This was almost like a New York style cheesecake. Creamy and beautifully flavored without going over the top. The texture was nice and firm without being too thick. Love it!



It came with a classic Graham cracker crust too.



Piemonte Hazelnut & Sea Salt Caramel Cake (榛子及海鹽朱古力蛋糕) ($55) - Another popular choice created by Chef Ringo.



This wasn't bad. Very pillowy but as expected, the salted caramel flavor was a bit overpowering overshadowing the flavors from the hazelnut.



If you happen to be in Central, check this place out but be sure to place your order 48 hours in advance.




Food Rating: 6/10
Price: $$$
Address: G/F, Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong, 8 Finance Street, Central, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Hong Kong Station / Central
Tel: +852 3196-8820
Website: https://shopfourseasonshk.com/collections/gourmet-sweets
Opening Hours: 10:00am - 8:30pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think