Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Almond Dessert Soy Street 杏甜品 豉油街 (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

Almond Dessert (杏甜品) is a Chinese-style dessert shop with an almond-themed menu. They have 3 branches in Kowloon and NT; and this one I visited tonight was on Soy Street (豉油街) very close to where I usually got my face masks.



They have such a small dine-in area that was virtually impossible to get in. At least not tonight.


Let's see what's the most appealing dessert to get for my late-night snack.



Signature almond tea (招牌杏仁茶) – You can't go wrong with their signature almond tea, right?

This was what an almond tea should be like. Fragrant but not too thick like an almond dessert soup (杏仁糊). It remind me a bit of the almond tea I had in Beijing a couple months ago. But personally, I would much prefer a thick and grainy almond dessert soup which usually delivers a more satisfying texture (at least for me it does). Then again, this is just a personal preference.






Food Rating: 5/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop 3, G/F, 25-31 Soy Street, Mongkok, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Mongkok
Tel: +852 6998-2677
Opening Hours: 2:30pm - 12:00am (Sun - Thu), 2:30pm - 1:00am (Fri - Sat)



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think