Friday, January 19, 2024

Snow Bro Da'an 雪人兄弟 大安店 (Taipei, TAIWAN) ★★★☆☆

I decided to take a break in action at the hotel after stopping by Quelques Pâtisseries (某某。甜點)'s new location for dessert. I ended up passing out on the couch and by the time I finally regained my consciousness, it was already dinner time. So, I freshened up a bit and began my walking tour in Da'an, first with a stoppage at Wu Song (武松殿) for some souvenirs.



The next order of business was a visit to Snow Bro Da'an (雪人兄弟 大安店) just a few steps next to Wu Song.



Snow Bro is best known for its shaved ice desserts but I have other things in mind. Sweet things of course.



I fell in love with the Taiwanese peanut soup when I was visiting Taipei back in 2017 and it was one of Snow Bro's more popular dessert soups as well. I just couldn't believe the bargain price here. Its sweet peanut soup costs a mere NT$65 with one topping and NT$85 for three toppings.  



Sweet peanut soup (花生湯) 
– Out of the 20+ toppings available, I decided to go with the snow fungus (雪耳). Not quite sure if they would mesh well with the peanut soup.

This was pretty good. The peanut soup, served lukewarm was not as sweet as most Cantonese dessert soup that we were accustomed to. And the snow fungus just added nice contrasts on top. Very nice match.






Food Rating: 5.5/10
Price: $$
Address: Section 1, 194 Da'an Road, Da'an District, Taipei, Taiwan
Closest Metro Station: Daan / Xinyi Anhe
Tel: +886 2-2703-6563
Opening Hours: 12:30pm - 9:30pm (Sun - Thu), 12:30pm - 10:00pm (Fri - Sat)



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think