Thursday, January 18, 2024

Taste Well (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★☆☆☆

Work has brought me to Jordan a couple of times this month (unfortunately not the country of Jordan) and today, I got the chance to sit down for a quick lunch before venturing across the harbour for another important meeting in the afternoon. With the abundance of cha chaan tengs in Jordan, it would have been an easy call to simply find a hole-in-the-wall tea restaurant and sit down but not this afternoon. I wanted something a little different. On comes Taste Well, a restaurant and café focusing on healthy eating.



The daily soup today was mushroom soup.



I was a bit pressed with time so I decided to have a salad instead. It was nice to see that the garden green actually came with grilled salted Norwegian salmon and avocado. The portion I thought was a little small but thankfully, I wasn't particularly hungry.



The ceiling-to-floor window caught my eyes when I walked past Taste Well and it was (big) part of the reasons why I came in. Was it a good decision? Well, tough to say. I thought the dishes were decent (but not considered good) but service was a bit spotty. I was offered some tea after the meal but without milk and sugar (I have specifically asked for both when I placed the order). After bringing that to the attention of another server, she brought me both but without a spoon. So yes, I would consider this an one-and-done experience.




Food Rating: 4.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: G/F, 181 Woosung Street, Jordan, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Jordan
Tel: +852 2117-0817
Opening Hours: 11:00am - 9:00pm (Mon - Sat)



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think