Tuesday, January 30, 2024

Yue Chuan 悦川 (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★☆☆☆

I honestly forgot when I stopped exploring the uninspiring food scene in Tsuen Wan. Dubbed as a culinary wasteland, the area mostly consists of cheap eats, fast food and restaurant chains with very little pleasant surprises. But today, I decided to try my luck once again.....



Starting off from the shopping mall under Panda Hotel, I worked my way down the floors and eventually came across Yue Chuan (悦川), a Chinese restaurant specializing in spicy dishes from Sichuan. 


My lunch set came with a cup of hot milk tea and to my pleasant surprise, it was pretty silky smooth and full of fragrance.


The main dish was diced chicken tossed with green peppers and what I thought was celtuce. There was a fair amount of heat there in the sauce which was perfect to go with the steamed rice.


While the food here marginally deserves a return trip, service was slightly disappointing. Like a family-run restaurant, servers can be seen busy chatting (extensively) with customers leading to a loud, bothersome and unwelcoming atmosphere for diners (solo like me) who're trying to quietly enjoy their meals. 



Food Rating: 4/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop 201, 2/F, Panda Place, 3 Tsuen Wah Street, Tsuen Wan, NT, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Tsuen Wan
Tel: +852 2727-6388
Opening Hours: 11:00am - 4:00pm, 5:00pm - 11:00pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think