Sunday, January 2, 2022

Lifetastic Patisserie at APM (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★★☆

As parents in Hong Kong, it's not often that we gotta sit around a coffee shop on a Sunday enjoying a sip of coffee and a fine selection of pastries at noon time. This is generally the busiest time of the week (without our helpers). But yet here we are at APM in Kwun Tong fresh off our early lunch at 10am, with a cup of coffee in our hands.

Well, it's been a long morning already! We got off an early start at 8am thanks to the draw little nugget got for his first match of his Taekwondo competition. There was a pause in action until 1pm so all of us (parents and kids) had a few hours to kill. Following a long dim sum lunch in the heart of Kwun Tong, we walked over to APM to grab a cup of coffee (with the rest of the parents and kids) and that's when I spotted a newly opened Lifetastic Patisserie at the corner. 



The lady at the counter couldn't wait to tell me the story behind the famed patisserie but being the impatient person that I am, I knew I had to cut her off by telling her that I already know all about them from their early days in Shek Tong Tsui.



Their strawberry watermelon cake is still the best in town. I have tried some of their other pastries but this one wins by a country mile. I've noticed they've now got a gluten-free version too.



Let's rewind a little before little one's first competition. This was taken when we were rushing to Kwun Tong early in the morning when there's still no traffic. It was 7:49am in the morning. And I thought I could sleep in on my day-off.


Perhaps it was a little too early for this guy (didn't get enough sleep?). He didn't do well in his first competition.


Second runner-up in a group of four isn't something we brag about but he seems to be happy about it.


Last night, my son and I had a long father-and-son talk about today's competition. I think he's a little nervous coming into this competition and he asked me if I'll be upset if he loses. Without any hesitation, I said no. I continued on to re-assure him that the most important thing about a competition, any competition, is to enjoy the process. The outcome itself doesn't carry much weight. Okay, I was lying. It does carry some weight but you get my point. We don't play sports just to win.





Food Rating: 6/10
Price: $$$$
Address: Shop L1-5, Level 1, apm Millennium City 5, 418 Kwun Tong Road, Kwun Tong, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Kwun Tong
Tel: +852 3568-1352
Opening Hours: 11:00am - 9:00pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think