Monday, January 24, 2022

GāGǐNāng 飯館 (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★★☆

I am having a rare day-off on a Monday today. Rather than spending a quiet day at home, I decided to venture out to Harbour City to check out some of the new happenings there. Little that I knew, I would spend the next few hours wandering around the mall before I realized that it was well past the lunch hours. As much as I wanted to avoid dining out these days, I managed to convince myself that I could find myself a "safe" lunch venue.

At 2:30pm, the crowd at most of the restaurants already thinned out so I had plenty of options including one of my favorite dim sum places, GāGǐNāng (飯館).



I love sitting by the window here watching the ferries come and go on a quiet day like this.



It used to be impossible to get a table by the window here but not anymore.



Wok-fried rice rolls with beef in shacha sauce (沙茶牛肉炒腸粉) – One of the restaurant's signature dishes and one of my favorites.



The wok-fried rice rolls drizzled in the tangy and flavorful shacha sauce.



It was very addictive and very very tasty.



Steamed shrimp dumpling (水晶蝦餃) – Very nicely done as well. Love the thin wrapper working well with the bouncy texture of the shrimp.



Stewed honeycomb tripes with barbecue sauce (醬皇金錢肚) – The beef tripes were very tender and there was just enough chewiness in there to make my teeth work (in a good way). A little heavy-handed with the black pepper though.


Steamed Cantonese sponge cake (古法馬拉糕) – Not very often I got to have the entire sponge cake all to myself. This was very spongy 👍. 


This marked just the third time I dined out in the past three weeks as we were still wary of contracting the virus while eating out. If the current situation continues, I am quite sure if we would be seeing our family and friends come Chinese New Year. And that would be quite a disappointment for everyone.






Food Rating: 6.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop OT310, 3/F, Ocean Terminal, Harbour City, 3-27 Canton Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Tsim Sha Tsui
Tel: +852 2116-9068
Opening Hours: 11:30am - 11:00pm daily





Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think