Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Dang Wen Li by Dominique Ansel Harbour City 當文歷餅店 (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★★☆

Following lunch with Agent-I at The Chairman (大班樓), I quickly ventured over to Harbour City after receiving an order from Jelloman last night to use up our remaining shopping coupons. I have to really hand it to us Hongkongers who are best known for our perseverance. Just look at the lineup right there in front of the Lady M counter (which was my first stop this afternoon). I guess everyone figures it's either now or never to cash in on the shopping coupons. I wonder who were the masterminds behind the Harbour City shopping coupons. Can't they have different expiry dates for different batches so they can keep the spending going over a steady period of time?


After a quick chit chat with a Lady M staff who was standing right next to me, I learnt that I have pretty much zero chance of getting anything there so I swiftly hopped over to Shake Shack only to find a similar lineup in front.


Just one last stop before I decide to give up, at Dang Wen Li by Dominique Ansel (當文歷餅店). Surprisingly, there were only a handful of people in front of me. Hey maybe, just maybe...Okay, maybe not.


The staff here was doing a countdown on the pieces of pastries left for everybody concerned. I have to admit my palms were sweating. There was only one type of pastry left, the Lemon Juice Box, which was my little nugget's favorite. I watched (more like heard) the numbers going down to single digit before my turn was finally up. There were 7 pieces left!!!

This is really like winning the lottery!!!


I always like this nostalgic nod to our collective childhood memory. The white chocolate ‘juice box’ filled with bergamot curd, earl grey mascarpone mousse, almond biscuit and crispy feuilletine, was always so addictive.


A very nice balance of sweetness and acidity. Glad we were able to get two of them as tonight's midnight snacks.







Food Rating: 7/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop OT G63A, G/F, Ocean Terminal, Harbour City, 3-27 Canton Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Tsim Sha Tsui
Tel: +852 2613-8618
Website: www.dangwenli.com
Opening Hours: 11:00am - 8:00pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think