Saturday, January 8, 2022

Butao Ramen VWalk 豚王 (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

The ban on dine-in service after 6pm is back! And just when everybody thought it's a pretty tough measure to take, I am imposing an even more stringent "policy" for my family. No dining out, period! Little nugget was taking my decision hard but with the soaring number of Covid-19 cases in the past week, I was trying to do my best for all of us.

I wanted to prove to my little nugget that we could still have good food without dining out. So, this afternoon, I brought him to VWalk on our way home. 


Little guy is a huge fan of tonkotsu ramen so I have been telling him about the pork bone broth ramen from Butao Ramen (豚王) for a while. Now he finally got his wish of having one of these at the comfort of our home!


The broth again came with great depth of flavors. And there were the pork shoulder and wood ears but where's our soft-boiled egg!?


There it was hiding on the bottom of the pile. This was again perfect with the runny yolk.


I hope the recent infection cases won't set off a series of big transmission chains with Chinese New Year just around the corner.  





Food Rating: 6/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop L2-21, 2/F V Walk, 28 Sham Mong Road, Sham Shui Po, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Nam Cheong
Tel: +852 3189-1200
Opening Hours: 11:30am - 10:00pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think