Thursday, May 11, 2017

I's Land Cafe (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

I don't really know Kwun Tong all that well so I'm letting my restaurant search engine randomly pick one for me (OK, I did have the final say after eyeball checking their stuff). This place is called I's Land Cafe, a restaurant cafe perched inside one of those revamped industrial buildings. Let's hope we have a decent one here.



I tried to imagine this is Iceland (the name of the cafe is I's Land Cafe. OK, bad joke) but I guess it's too early to dream.



All the lunch sets here are going for $70-80 which is fairly good value considering that it all comes with a drink, soup or salad and a main dish. If they can throw in a free dessert, it would really be money well spent.



I thought the porcini mushroom soup was pretty decent.



Even better was the creamy risotto with seared scallops and mushroom. A few years back, I bet it's difficult to find this kind of quality in Kwun Tong so I guess the restaurant renaissance here is really turning things around.



Food Rating: 4/10
Price: $$
Address: Shop A, 6/F, Block 1, Camel Paint Building, 62 Hoi Yuen Road, Kwun Tong, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Kwun Tong
Tel: +852 5307-3636


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think