Saturday, May 6, 2017

Amorino (Seoul, SOUTH KOREA) ★★☆☆☆

Everyone (including myself) can finally take a short break now that my little nugget has taken his usual afternoon nap. Since this could take anywhere from minutes to a couple of hours, we thought we better made good use of our time by finding a place to sit down and satisfy our sweet tooth at the same time. Amorino, the artisanal gelato maker from Paris was what I had in mind.



I was going to introduce mom to Amorino's famous ice-cream crepe but then the impossible happened.....they were all SOLD OUT. Wait, what just happened there? I was a little ticked off learning that all their crepes and waffles were sold out so I decided to press hard for an answer. As it turned out, their crepe/waffle machine was broken and has been broken for nearly 3 weeks. So subsequently, they have been selling nothing other than gelato for the past 3 weeks. I'm not sure about you but that sounds a bit crazy to me. If the machine has been down for a number of weeks already, go get a new one locally or have them courier a few over from Paris, for goodness' sake! This just comes to show the kind of management behind this branch of Amorino. Sad coz I really think they have a pretty good product offered here.



So I was left with no choice other than ordering their gelato. For ₩110,000 (X-Large cup they call it), I got to choose an unlimited number of flavors according to my server and I ended up picking four - caramel, pistachio, hazelnut and tiramisu. As expected, hazelnut and pistachio were the best ones by a country mile.



One more point before I stopped my rant here. Due to the size of our gelato, I asked my server to give me an extra cup so we could do a bit of sharing. But he responded rather rudely by saying that's not possible! Now, that really got my fired up. I have been asked to pay for an extra cup before but never had I been told that getting an extra cup is impossible. So I looked him right in the eye and told him I would pay for that extra cup whatever the price would be. Then, he started to step back a little and offered me a plastic cup at the end. And that was the end of it.



Food Rating: 5.5/10
Price: ₩₩₩
Address: 536-3, Sinsa-dong, Gangnam-gu, Seoul, South Korea
Closest Metro Station: Sinsa
Tel: +82 2512-2007



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think