Friday, February 24, 2017

Maranellos (Sydney, AUSTRALIA) ★★★☆☆

My Sydney trip is finally drawing to a close and it's my last chance for a dinner gathering with the relatives before I fly back to Hong Kong tomorrow. As most of us were already in
Maroubra, the logical choice was to find a place in the neighborhood that's convenient for everybody. And someone ended up picking this Italian restaurant called Maranellos at the Pacific Square Shopping Mall.



Tomato bruschetta - I have to admit I was a little surprised with the authenticity of these dishes. Didn't really expect such hearty Italian food in this residential area. 



The wood fired Italian bread with cherry tomatoes and fresh basil leaves was seriously good.



Fettuccine carbonara - Eggy fettuccine pasta tossed with bacon, egg and shallots in silky cream sauce. Not bad.



Bucatini lobster - Cooked in a pink sauce with a touch of chili and spinach. Everyone was raving about a generous portion of lobster meat but I was more surprised with the spicy kick of the pink sauce. That was pretty hot.



Supreme pizza - This was what I saw when I came back after patting my little nugget to sleep. Just two slices of the Supreme pizza left!

There were toppings of mushrooms, capsicums, onions, ham, cabanossi and olives. Fairly decent.



Time to go back to the hotel and pack my bags now. It will be another week before I see my little one again.





Food Rating: 5/10
Price: $$$
Address: 51/737 Anzac Parade Maroubra, Sydney, Australia
Tel: +61 2-8347-0733
Website: www.maranellos.com.au



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think