Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Fraser Place Sydney (Sydney, AUSTRALIA)

This was pretty embarrassing. Perhaps it would go down the books as the most embarrassing moment of my life. 

The story goes something like this.....For months, I thought I got everything planned out for this trip to Sydney. Even got my hotel booking confirmation printed out from Booking.com. I thought I was all set. So, when I arrived at the hotel, I just confidently handed the booking paper over to the front desk staff. I still remembered the look on his face. Even he couldn't believe it. It turned out the booking was made for 6 months later. 

Of course if there was a hole there, I would probably put my head in there to hide my embarrassment. But I still had some unfinished business to do - to break the news to my family. At 10pm, there was no way we could get a hotel to take us in but luckily, we have got family here.

While we spent the night at my auntie's place, I had to make sure that we had a hotel to stay for the rest of the trip. And thankfully, I was able to find vacancy at Fraser Place Sydney.




Conveniently located in the heart of Sydney's shopping and entertainment district, Fraser Place Sydney is a luxury serviced apartment with modern furnishings, kitchen facilities and views of the city skyline. Its central location in the CBD (Central Business District) means it's just a short stroll to many of the city's attractions including Sydney Town Hall, Darling Harbour, Hyde Park and the famous Strand Arcade.



I really like the color tone of our apartment. The combination of beige and black gives such a classy look and the black furniture and sofa in a predominantly white room helps to create a stark, dramatic contrast.



The bedroom is noticeably decorated in much darker tones providing a more mysterious mood.



Same goes for the bathroom.



Our room features a really spacious living room which served as my private "bedroom" on a number of sleepless nights.



When you're traveling with a one-year old, a kitchen is almost as important as having a bathroom. We had no complaints about their open kitchen. Well, there's a very small one. Its location in the narrow corridor right behind the entrance of the room means very long walk back and forth from the bedroom. But I think we can all live with that.



The hotel has its own secure underground parking. That's one less thing to worry about, especially when you're staying in the downtown area.

Getting something to eat is hardly a problem. The biggest problem could be deciding what to eat (due to the overwhelming number of options).



If I really want to be picky about it, it's probably the windows that need some sort of improvement. From 20+ levels up, I didn't really expect noise from the road construction to wake us up in the morning. But guess what, it did!




Rating: ❤❤❤❤❤
Price: $$$$
Address: 488 Kent Street, Sydney, Australia
Closest Metro Station: Town Hall
Tel: +61 2-8823-8888
Website: sydney.frasershospitality.com/en


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think