Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Black Star Pastry The Galeries (Sydney, AUSTRALIA) ★★★★☆

I thought I got this one out of the way fast. The best part of all, I didn't have to go far for it - Black Star Pastry. They have this counter and small cafe inside the Kinokuniya bookstore at the Galeries, which is just a 6-8 minute walk from my service apartment so I had just enough time to go there before lunch.

Black Star Pastry, Sydney - Kinokuniya bookstore

I knew exactly what I was after.....

Black Star Pastry, Sydney - Kinokuniya bookstore

Strawberry watermelon cake (AUD$8) - Of course a visit to Black Star is not complete without trying their signature strawberry watermelon cake. This iconic cake from BSP features two layers of almond dacquoise (like a meringue), rose-scented cream, watermelon, strawberries and garnished with pistachios and dried rose petals. They said it well on their website, it's fresh, it's light and it's fragrant! I'm very impressed (although I have to admit Lifetastic has done a fine job with their version).

Black Star Pastry, Sydney - Strawberry watermelon cake

Raspberry lychee cake (AUD$8) - Somewhat of a new creation from BSP. This one has a base of rich chocolate biscuit topped with layers of raspberry marshmallow and vanilla cream and finally finished with toppings of lychees and raspberries. This was very refreshing too but I like the strawberry and watermelon a bit more.

Black Star Pastry, Sydney - Raspberry lychee cake 

I really hope I have time in my busy schedule to come back before heading home at the end of this week.





Food Rating: 7/10
Price: $$$
Address: Level 2 The Galeries, 500 George Street, Sydney, Australia
Tel: +61 2-9557-8656
Website: www.blackstarpastry.com.au



1 comment:


  1. Great Post! Thanks for sharing such beautiful information with us. Please keep sharing.

    Please visit Café Bunbury

    ReplyDelete

Please tell us what you think