Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Doughnut Time (Sydney, AUSTRALIA) ★★★☆☆

I was supposed to be here for Black Star Pastry's strawberry watermelon cake but unexpectedly ran into this doughnut shop called Doughnut Time in the lower ground level of the Galeries.



They're right about this - any time is good time for doughnuts!



These are a lot bigger than the ones I usually got from Tim Hortons and Krispy Kreme. I think two of those would fill me up easily.



Ferrero no share (AUD$6.70) - I picked this one mainly because I wanted that Ferrero Rocher in the middle. Okay, just kidding. I like it for the simple and timeless combination of chocolate glaze and doughnut and it proved once again that they were a match made in heaven. The dark chocolate glaze was pretty good to go with the roasted hazelnuts and Ferrero Rocher on top. Pretty tasty.



The Milo Cyrus (AUD$6.70) - There were some pretty funky ones out there including one topped with both marshmallow and choc chips and also one sprinkled with M&Ms all over but having a milo fanatic at home made this an easy choice for me.



On top of all this was a pretty naughty milk chocolate and milo glaze topped with chocolate crumb and milo. And if that's still not heavy (and sweet) enough for you, it came with filling of choco malt custard in the middle. That's quite a lot to handle for breakfast.








Food Rating: 5.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: Lower Ground Floor, Shop A6 The Galeries, 500 George Street, Sydney, Australia
Website: www.doughnuttime.com.au



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think