Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Tang2 廳2 (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

After a 10-day hiatus in Australia, it's time to come back to my office and plan for my next trip. Following 10 straight days of western food, needless to say I was craving for some Chinese cuisine right about now. So I decided to get some expensive "cha chaan teng" food at Tang2 (廳2) for my first official meal.

First up was a pretty decent sweet corn soup and that was soon followed by a cup of Hong Kong style milk tea. I haven't had one for ages!!!



Signature baked pork chop on rice (馳名焗豬扒飯) - On top of the baked pork chop cutlets and rice was a layer of tomato purée and a bit of burnt cheese. I recalled this being a little salty last time but the seasoning was much improved this time around. Thought the rice could have been a little drier for a much tenderer bite but it was good to get this one out of the way. Oh, I miss my cha chaan tengs here!!!



Food Rating: 4/10
Price: $$$
Address: Unit G09C, G/F, Cheung SHa Wan Plaza, 833 Cheung Sha Wan Road, Lai Chi Kok, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Lai Chi Kok
Tel: +852 2341-5788


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think