Saturday, January 7, 2017

Fauchon Paris Le Café (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★★☆

Like many dessert lovers, I was disappointed to see Fauchon Paris' Harbour City branch closed down last year. Although they have made amends by opening Fauchon Paris Le Café in Shatin, it just felt a little far for those of us not living on the New Territories side.



After enjoying some roasted pigeons at Lung Wah, we circled around New Town Plaza a bit before finally sitting down at Fauchon Paris Le Café to rest our legs and tame our sweet tooth at the same time.



Most of the Fauchon Paris' signature pastries are just sitting there waiting to be taken. Where should we start?



Carrémenchoc cake ($55) - I can't remember if I was having this for the first time but I was overwhelmed by the intense chocolate flavors and textures altogether. Never been a dark chocolate fan myself, I thought the dark chocolate mousse here was one of the sweetest I have ever had with mild bitterness, meshing well with the dark chocolate biscuit and dark chocolate cream.



Gâteau Megeve ($55) - This was normally what I would order every time I came here. The combination of silky smooth chocolate mousse and French bourbon vanilla chocolate meringue never disappointed me but somehow I thought it couldn't match the same level of excitement I got from the contrasting textures of the Carrémenchoc cake.



Paris-brest éclair ($48) - My personal favorite with the best almonds hazelnut butter cream filling one could ever find in Hong Kong. The crunchy almond hazelnut praline provided a bit of extra bite.



Afternoon tea set ($168 for two) - The afternoon tea set was definitely a huge bargain here at $168 (for two) which explained why everybody left and right was having a set of this on their table. Personally, I'm not a fan of this but then again for that price, I didn't want to think twice. I won't recommend this unless you're here for the first time.



Food Rating: 6/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop 408 & 410, 4/F, New Town Plaza Phase 1, 18 Sha Tin Centre Street, Shatin, Hong Kong
Closest Railway Station: Shatin
Tel: +852 2237-1515


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think