Sunday, January 22, 2017

Cronutt (Taipei, TAIWAN) ★★★☆☆

The hype around cronuts has cooled off a bit since it was first introduced by Dominique Ansel a few years ago but the interest for this doughnut-croissant hybrid is still lukewarm in Taipei.



Judging by the crowd in front of Cronutt, a cronut specialty shop near Dunhau South Road, we confirm that they're still of high demand.



When I first saw those prices, I thought I was dreaming.....



Unfortunately, my favorite peanut and lemon chocolate flavors were already sold out. 



Original (NT45) - Pretty buttery but not as flaky as I would like it to be. I like the powdered sugar (糖粉) on top though, always a good match with the thin layers of croissant dough.



Oreo white chocolate (NT50) - Decent but a tad too sweet for my liking.



A box of six is going for NT270 these days and for any purchase of at least two boxes, I think they have free delivery service. Check them out if you happen to have a sweet tooth to fix like me.

Food Rating: 4.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: No. 48, Lane 187, Section 1, Dunhua South Road, Da’an District, Taipei, Taiwan
Closest Metro Station: Zhongxiao Dunhua
Tel: +886 2-2778-3332
Website: www.facebook.com/cronuttw


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think