Thursday, January 14, 2016

Black n White (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

A new patisserie, Black n White has recently opened in Miramar Shopping Centre this month.




I was a little overwhelmed with the choices available here. Which ones should I pick!?



The heart-shaped lychee rose cake with a tear drop on top drew the first blood and it made a very strong impression on us. Very rich lychee flavors coming out of the mousse and they even got some lychee compote in the middle to give it some contrasting texture. Not bad at all.



As a fan of earl grey tea, I admit I am a little picky with anything that smells or tastes earl grey so I wasn't particularly surprised to find myself disappointed with this earl grey mousse cake at all. I thought the earl grey flavor was a tad too light and perhaps too artificial for my liking.



But things got back on the right track with my final straw - nougat chocolate cake designed by French pastry chef Bruno Pastorelli. The chocolate mousse and nougat cream complemented each other nicely and that provided quite a special treat for us.



Food Rating: 5.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop 1006, 1/F, Miramar Shopping Centre, 132 Nathan Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Tsim Sha Tsui
Tel: +852 2789-1330
Website: www.blacknwhite.com.hk


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think