Thursday, January 7, 2016

Stack (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

Stack, a tiny pancake spot (thus the name "Stack) at the corner of Third and Eastern Street in Sai Ying Pun, has been in and out of my radar screen since its opening back in 2014. The funky culinary concept, brought to us by the co-owners of Common Ground, aims to take our pancake experience to a whole new level.



While their dessert pancakes are extremely popular, it's always been their savory pancakes that have been grabbing all the spotlight. I was supposed to meet a few friends for dinner in the neighborhood but since I still got another half an hour to kill, I thought I should hop in and have a quick one just to save me another trip.

This is a nicely decorated dish with the pan seared scallops ($148) as the centerpiece. Each scallop was neatly sitting on top of a homemade pancake and it was served with ham, watercress and edible flowers.



The beautiful presentation aside, I thought there were rooms for improvement; particularly with the pancake which was a little too soggy (just slightly) for my liking.



Food Rating: 4.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: 1 Third Street, Sai Ying Pun, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Sai Ying Pun
Tel: +852 2549-9787
Website: www.facebook.com/stackhk


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think