Thursday, January 14, 2016

Wired Green (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

Every friend I knew was trying to guess which restaurant would be replacing Miso Cool at the basement of K11. After months of renovation work, the answer was finally out early this week. As it turned out, everyone was wrong including myself, when they revealed "Wired Green" as the replacement.



When I saw the word "Wired", it immediately led me into thinking that it's a new concept from the same folks behind "Wired Cafe" and according to what I read from the web, I was indeed correct. This is a new concept from the "Wired Cafe" group that focuses more on traditional Japanese food such as ramen, sushi, sashimi and so on. There are also some interesting choices in the appetizer section, which includes stuff like fries with matcha salt, sea urchin and avocado toast. So it's not your typical Japanese restaurant after all.



It's good to know that their ramen came directly from the hands of a Michelin starred chef.



But since I am not into ramen, I went a different direction with their deep fried Kurobuta pork ($158). For that price, I thought the portion was a little small though.



But hey tonkatsu is never bad right? Well, the first bite was a little rough but the I like its fat content which was just about right.



The miso soup that came with the set was pretty decent too.



OMG, sea urchin and avocado, two of my favorites all in one dish! Meet my sea urchin and avocado toast ($55). Nice innovative dish but the result wasn't all that good, to be brutally honest.




This one was a mixed bag all the way and to make matter a little worse was the relatively low value for money.

Food Rating: 4/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop B233, B2/F, K11 Art Mall, 18 Hanoi Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Tsim Sha Tsui /Tsim Sha Tsui East
Tel: +852 3110-6828


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think