Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Beans The Corner (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

Beans (荳子) has been a steady performer ever since it joined the food scene of Tsuen Wan more than 2 years ago. It's always on my mind whenever I think about having dessert in the neighborhood and trust me, they have some of the most high-flying desserts in all of Tsuen Wan. 

Following the success of Beans, they doubled up with Beans The Corner directly next to their original store and the business of both places continued to take off over the next 12 months or so. Now, as I was told, they've just expanded to Tseung Kwan O.



It's already been a while since I last came here for lunch. I was missing their pasta big time so after quickly flipping through the lunch menu, I decided to take on this pappardelle with chicken, cherry tomato and arugula, a pasta dish that I have never tried here before.

I thought the pappardelle was really nice. Like I said many times before to my friends, Beans perhaps has one of the best pasta in Tsuen Wan. My only complaint was with the chicken fillet which was a little rough on this afternoon. 



But dessert was the "real" main course here and of course, I didn't shy away from checking out the cake display counter.



A matcha opera cake!?



Pear tart and blueberry cheese cake? I was torn between all these wonderful options.



At the end, it was the "Autumn matcha" or【秋。抹】getting the nod. A lovely combination of honey madeleine, matcha joconde, matcha mousse and brown rice crumble and the presentation was just gorgeous. This quality is simply impossible to find anywhere else in Tsuen Wan.



And just when I was stepping out of Beans, I saw this sign on their latest "All about Green Tea" promotion. I was so glad that I tried one of these items!



Needless to say, I'll be back to try the rest of the green tea creations.

Food Rating: 5/10
Price: $$$
Address: G/F, 99 Hoi Pa Street, Tsuen Wan, NT, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Tsuen Wan
Tel: +852 2205-1911
Website: www.facebook.com/bean234


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think