Saturday, April 6, 2024

Men Tong Bing Sutt at Mall of the World South 文通冰室 花城匯南店 (Guangzhou, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

I underestimated the effort going from Liwan District (荔灣區) to Tianhe District (天河區), and by the time we arrived at the foot of Canton Tower (广州塔), we only had an hour and a half left before our train departs for Hong Kong.

Men Tong Bing Sutt at Mall of the World South 文通冰室 花城匯南店 (Guangzhou, CHINA) - Hong Kong style tea restaurant near Canton Tower (广州塔)

Just enough time for a very short meal at Mall of the World (花城匯) before we say goodbye to Guangzhou. This is a pretty nice name for a mall, isn't it?

Men Tong Bing Sutt at Mall of the World South 文通冰室 花城匯南店 (Guangzhou, CHINA) - Hong Kong style tea restaurant near Canton Tower (广州塔)

I wasn't going to shop around for a nice restaurant. Not with the amount of time left. Instead a familiar name like Men Tong Bing Sutt (文通冰室) would do the trick for me.

Men Tong Bing Sutt at Mall of the World South 文通冰室 花城匯南店 (Guangzhou, CHINA) - Hong Kong style tea restaurant near Canton Tower (广州塔)

I had their “little bear milk tea (小熊奶茶)” last time I paid them a visit at Central Link. Didn't realize that it has a twin brother, “little bear lemon tea (小熊檸檬茶)”. This looked so cool!

Men Tong Bing Sutt at Mall of the World South 文通冰室 花城匯南店 (Guangzhou, CHINA) - Hong Kong style tea restaurant near Canton Tower (广州塔) little bear lemon tea (小熊檸檬茶)

While Jelloman was enjoying her lemon tea, I went for my milk tea fix which I didn't get the chance for in the morning.

Men Tong Bing Sutt at Mall of the World South 文通冰室 花城匯南店 (Guangzhou, CHINA) - Hong Kong style tea restaurant near Canton Tower (广州塔) little bear milk tea (小熊奶茶)

BBQ pork with fried eggs and rice (黯然銷魂飯) – This is just a fancy name for fried eggs and char siu on steamed rice.

Men Tong Bing Sutt at Mall of the World South 文通冰室 花城匯南店 (Guangzhou, CHINA) - Hong Kong style tea restaurant near Canton Tower (广州塔) BBQ pork with fried eggs and rice (黯然銷魂飯)

The char siu was way too fatty for me. Not good....

Men Tong Bing Sutt at Mall of the World South 文通冰室 花城匯南店 (Guangzhou, CHINA) - Hong Kong style tea restaurant near Canton Tower (广州塔) BBQ pork with fried eggs and rice (黯然銷魂飯)

This trip to Guangzhou was really long overdue. My last one had to date back some 20 years ago and it was a business trip which was pretty hectic as I recalled. Of cuz, I didn't have the spare time to check out the city on my own so this was really my first-ever exploration on some of the major tourist attractions in town. I hope it won't take another 20 years for my next trip back.




Food Rating: 4.5/10
Price: ¥¥
Address: Shop No.3001, Mall of the World South, 89 Huacheng Dadao, Tianhe District, Guangzhou, China
广州市天河区花城大道89号花城匯南区3001铺
Closest Metro Station: Huacheng Dadao (花城大道)
Opening Hours: 11:00am - 10:00pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think