Sunday, November 5, 2023

Nam Cheong Cafe Shop 南昌冰室 (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

I have an urge to re-start my exercise routine again this week. Since little nugget doesn’t have any activities planned on Sunday, I thought I could sneak out for a solo game of squash on my own. After all, it’s very likely that both Jelloman and little one would still be sleeping after I get back home from squash.


As usual, I managed to book my squash court in Sham Shui Po and that’s where I would be having my breakfast. After sizing up the situation, I decided to pick out Nam Cheong Cafe Shop (南昌冰室) as my breakfast venue this morning.


Iced pantyhose milk tea – This was silky smooth with a nice balance of milk and tea flavors. Pretty good.


Scrambled eggs with ham and bacon – This was where it got a little dicey for me. The ham and bacon certainly weren’t bad but the scrambled eggs…..

They insisted that they only use eggs from Japan here but it’s not showing up from the flavors at all. My scrambled eggs were lacking the silkiness one expected from Japanese eggs. Of course, the fact that it’s been a little over-cooked had something to do with it but I know Japanese eggs when I tasted one.


This is far from a one and done experience (thanks to the milk tea) but then there are also a ton of options in the neighborhood too. This street alone, there are five or six cha chaan tengs and I definitely won’t mind trying out a couple of them before my squash sessions in the coming months.




Food Rating: 4.5/10 
Price: $$$
Address: G/F, 204-206 Yu Chau Street, Sham Shui Po, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Sham Shui Po
Tel: +852 2787-9388
Opening Hours: 7:00am - 11:00pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think