Wednesday, November 1, 2023

Boundless by Reaction Citywalk (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

Widely known as a foodie wasteland, Tsuen Wan as an area has never really produced a restaurant or café that was worthy of a return visit for me. I am not talking about a place that I choose to return simply for my survival but one just for the enjoyment of food. 😆 But Boundless by Reaction at Citywalk is slowly becoming one of the area's better coffee shop cum café in recent memory and I decided to drop by for a return trip this afternoon. 



Linguine with slow-cooked chicken laksa 
– Glad to see that they've updated the food menu with a number of new pasta dishes; and this was an easy choice for me due to my love for Asian food.

I thought the linguine came with pretty good bite and it worked unexpectedly well with the laksa sauce that was bursting with flavors from lime and lemongrass. The chicken fillet was reasonably tender. I liked this dish.



Dirty tiramisu
 – I thought this was a little funny. When I asked my young server why their tiramisu was labeled "dirty", he responded without thinking, "cuz the decoration of coffee powder on top made it look very dirty!". Wow!!! 😂😂😂



I tended to think that the tiramisu was flavored with "dirty coffee" but that's just me. 

This was a beautifully made tiramisu with very light and fluffy texture. The only thing that was a little off, seemed to come from the ladyfinger on the bottom. It had this banana-like flavor to it which wasn't expected from a relatively classic interpretation of my favorite Italian dessert. But having said that, I won't mind having this again (and again).



The rating was a little generous but it's a signal of how much I appreciated a café serving decent comfort food in Tsuen Wan. You will be surprised how few of this actually come by.




Food Rating: 6/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop G75A, G76C & G76D, G/F, Citywalk, 1 Yeung Uk Road, Tsuen Wan, NT, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Tsuen Wan West
Tel: +852 2365-8828
Opening Hours: 9:00am - 10:00pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think