Monday, January 11, 2021

Queen Sophie 酥妃皇后 (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

I was walking back to Sheung Wan MTR station when Queen Sophie (酥妃皇后)'s picture perfect cheese tarts suddenly got into my head. 



I decided to take a different route to the station so I could stop by Queen Sophie for a couple of freshly baked tarts. As it turned out, their cheese tarts were all sold out today but I was going away empty-handed. 



They called this a milk tart but it looked like a normal egg tart to me with the yellowish custard. I wonder if this comes with the 386 crispy layers too.



This was seriously good. I don't know if there were 386 layers but it was certainly a mouthful of them. The milk custard was really silky smooth, working well with the buttery crust.


I'm glad they didn't have their cheese tarts so we could check this one off our list. And yes, I'm staying away from their egg tarts for now.



Food Rating: 6/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop 5 Kai Fung Mansion, 2-24 Jervois Street, Sheung Wan, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Sheung Wan
Tel: +852 2269-0278
Opening Hours: 11:30am - 7:00pm (Mon - Sat)


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think