Saturday, December 28, 2019

Shonan Pancake Food and Bar Odaiba (Tokyo, JAPAN) ★★☆☆☆

Little guy is off to his playland for the next hour so I got myself some much-needed “Me Time”; that was the good news. The bad news? We were at Venus Fort (yeah that outlet mall next to Diver City) which is a foodie wasteland altogether. But no, I didn’t throw in the white towel.



I decided to line up in front of Shonan Pancake Food and Bar since I have yet to get my Japanese souffle pancake fix on this trip.


Shonan Pancake Food and Bar Odaiba - Food pancake menu

Royal milk tea (465 yen) - Starting things off for me was a glass of iced royal milk tea. This came with no sugar in it. Zero. I ended up asking for some to make it a little easier for the palate.



Shounan pancake (1,050 yen) - Obviously, a lot of ingredients here came from the Shōnan (湘南) province, including their wheat. I had to wait a good 20 minutes but the wait was finally over when three thick slices of pancakes showed up right in front of my eyes.



But this turned out to be a roller coaster ride. After adding syrup onto my pancakes which already came with walnut butter, crushed walnuts and whipped cream, I started to realize something terribly wrong (when I started to cut through one of them). These were not souffle pancakes! They were much harder and heavier; in fact much more like hotcakes and really tall ones too! Could someone take a couple of these off my hands please?



How in the world could an ultra light souffle pancake turned into a traditional American-style pancake? So disappointing! They were so hard that I bet if I throw one into the water, it would sink to rock bottom within seconds.

As soon as I finished munching the last piece, it was already time to go back and pick up my little one. There goes my Me Time of The Day.





Food Rating: 3.5/10
Price: ¥¥¥
Address: 2/F Venus Fort, 1-3-15 Aomi, Koto-ku, Tokyo 870-0035 Japan
Closest Metro Station: Aomi
Tel: +81 50-5596-5402
Opening Hours: 11:00am - 11:00pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think