Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Three Blind Mice (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

Three Blind Mice was briefly on my radar screen when it was first open and from time to time, I was reminded of it thanks to the promotions from Restaurant Week. But the urge was never strong enough to get me there.



I have actually dined here many years ago when it was still called "Limehouse" but the change of ownership has transformed it into a rustic British gastropub offering your typical British dishes like fish and chips, steak and frites, burgers and pies.



For $30 extra, we can turn an a la carte dish into a set with salad, dessert and drink. How nice is that?



Prawn tempura with papaya salad - Some veggies to start things off. This was just a small bowl of green beans with a couple of prawn tempura on top. Didn't like the super acidic dressing.



Fish and Chips - I couldn't believe I picked this over a number of more intriguing dishes. I guess I really missed having fries.



This wasn't bad (especially the homemade fries). The generous portion passed the initial eye test at first glance and I thought the batter was seriously crispy. But as soon as I started examining the deep-fried barramundi, I realized it's really bland. In fact, the only thing I could taste was the slightly fishy smell from the fish fillet (the texture was fine though).



Duck leg and waffle - My colleague was feeling adventurous so he decided to go with the dish that has put modern British cooking on the map - Duck and Waffle. This really looked like the real deal with a slow-cooked duck leg and sunny side up duck egg sitting on top of a crispy waffle with sweet corn and chorizo. 

Again it wasn't bad (based on what I heard). The waffle could have been a bit more tasty but for the most part, it's a fairly decent dish centered around a delicious piece of slow-cooked duck leg.



But I could see they probably need some help with dessert as this banoffee pie didn't receive much love from the both of us. As a matter of fact, we both elected not to finish it.






Food Rating: 4.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: 35 Ship Street, Wan Chai, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Wanchai
Tel: +852 2447-7793
Website: www.threeblindmicehk.com



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think