Thursday, January 31, 2019

Ladurée Paris Champs Elysées (Paris, FRANCE) ★★★★☆

Our Chinese New Year getaway started early this year for us (five days early!). After a long and torturing 12-hour flight, we finally made it to Paris. Despite the rush-hour traffic, we still managed getting to our hotel at around 10AM, which was just a little off our schedule. As we’ve already guessed it, our rooms weren’t going to be ready for such an early check-in. So, what does that mean? Well, that means we’re heading out in the cold to burn a few hours until our rooms are ready! Exciting (Luckily, it wasn’t snowing like I’ve first feared).....

The good news; however, is that we’re just a stone’s throw from Avenue des Champs-Elysées. And if you want to burn two hours off the clock, this is the place to be in Paris.



We have all kinds of breakfast options here but at the end of the day, there’s no better place I rather go than Ladurée Paris Champs-Elysées.



French toast with maple syrup (€11.50) - It’s mom’s first time in Paris so she’s pretty cautious about what she’s getting for breakfast. This was an easy choice for her though. While she was expecting something similar to a Hong Kong style French toast, I told her it would be a little more sophisticated.

To her pleasant surprise, this was made with a nice homemade brioche and it’s not as crusty (and hard) as the ones we have in Hong Kong. Not bad she said.



Egg white omelette with fresh goat cheese and spinach (€18.00) - Jelloman picked something new again. I stole a corner from her and personally, I didn’t like it. The egg white omelette was very bland making the fresh goat cheese even more overpowering than it really was.



Mousseline brioche, soft-boiled egg, smoked salmon, spinach and Hollandaise sauce (€17.00) - When it comes to breakfast, I’m not really an adventurous person. Just serve me bacon and egg everyday and I will be a happy camper.

This is what I order every time I come to Ladurée for breakfast. The soft-boiled egg always works very well with the mousseline brioche, spinach and Hollandaise sauce; with the smoked salmon providing the icing on the cake. Yum!



Ladurée hot chocolate (€7.00) - Of course, this is a must for all my visits to Ladurée.
Perhaps, my palates got a bit numb following the long flight so Ladurée’s famous hot chocolate felt a little too thick and strong for me this morning. But it was the perfect beverage to help me wash down my warm brioche and egg.



As usual, I gave myself a small tour of their patisserie to see if there’s any seasonal items in store. But I guess it’s a little early so I didn’t find anything I like there.



It’s time to head back to our hotel now. Hopefully, the Housekeeping team did wonders in the two hours during our absence. I know it’s a big ask to get our two rooms by mid-day. The official check-in time I think is 2PM.


Food Rating: 6/10
Price: €€€
Address: 75 avenue des Champs Elysées, 75008 Paris, France
Closest Metro Station: George V
Tel: +33 (0)1 4075-0875
Website: www.laduree.com


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think