Thursday, November 15, 2018

Wah Fung 華豐燒臘專家 (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★☆☆☆

When it comes to Chinese barbecued meat (燒臘) in Central district, Wah Fung (華豐燒臘專家) is widely regarded as the second-best place right behind Yat Lok (一樂燒鵝). I have yet to pay them a visit since they moved out of their Wellington Street location but today is as good a time as any for my first visit since I will be in the area to see my therapist.



Their afternoon tea set comes with fried egg, ham and garlic butter toast.



But I came here specially for their char siu (叉燒). This was a little disappointing though, only 4 pieces of their famous char siu and to add insult to injury, they have been swimming in the broth for a while.

I was really curious what the taste would've been like without the broth but I guess I could never find out. But judging from its texture, it was a little dry and lean. Definitely not the best I've seen from their (old) kitchen. 



I would much prefer to have my char siu served on a separate plate rather than having them swim in my noodle soup. That's my honest opinion.




Food Rating: 3.5/10
Price: $$
Address: Shop A,B&E,G/F, 5-8 Queen Victoria Street, Central, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Central
Tel: +852 2544-3466


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think