Friday, August 10, 2012

ALEX Regensburg (Regensburg, GERMANY) ★★★☆☆

I have to admit, time management has never been my strong suit. So, when I thought I could make it to Regensburg from Prague (a 2.5 hour drive) around noon, I knew deep down it's going to take more than a miracle to do so. We ended up getting there at 2pm. Slightly off the mark, shall we say?


Oh, and we were supposed to have lunch at Michelin starred Historisches Eck. We were late by half an hour so agree, they had the right not to serve us but they should have called.


Instead of wasting more time to find a place for our late lunch, we decided to simply grab something quick at ALEX Regensburg, a gastropub just 2-minutes away from Historisches Eck in the Old Town.


The folks here in Regensburg obviously don't like to eat late. 


The 2-storey pub was much bigger than I first thought.


Fish and Chips - Not bad. At 3pm, I am not going to be picky about the beer batter which wasn't crispy enough or.....


Pork Schnitzel - Since we have just crossed the border into Germany, I thought it was a good idea for us to check out the classic Pork Schnitzel. This was served with mushroom sauce and homemade fries. Way way better than the fish and chips I thought.


Unfortunately, we didn't get the chance to fully explore Regensburg's Old Town as we still have a couple of attractions to visit before finishing the day in Stuttgart.


So, once we got our shots of their famous Old Stone Bridge, we literally ran back to the parking lot and off to our next destination - Porsche Museum in North of Stuttgart.




Food Rating: 4/10
Price: €€€
Address: Neupfarrplatz 6a, 93047, Regensburg, Germany
Tel: +49 941-584060



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think