Saturday, March 16, 2024

Heartwarming 暖心芝作 (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

I have walked past this place called Heartwarming (暖心芝作) a few times in Sham Shui Po on my way to Ten Noodle Shop (十大碗粥麵專家).

Heartwarming 暖心芝作 (Hong Kong, CHINA) - Freshly grinded delicious black sesame dessert soup pudding Sham Shui Po

They specialize in all kinds black sesame desserts including their black sesame soy milk, ice-cream, pudding and of course, sweet soup. They even have this special sesame spread which I thought could be used for buns.

Heartwarming 暖心芝作 (Hong Kong, CHINA) - Freshly grinded delicious black sesame dessert soup pudding Sham Shui Po

The secret to their super rich black sesame dessert is the fact that the black sesame seeds are all freshly grinded on the spot with this stone mill.

     

I was going to get myself some black sesame pudding but they were all sold out already. Going home empty-handed? No way! I guess I couldn't go wrong with the black sesame sweet soup (芝麻糊).

Heartwarming 暖心芝作 (Hong Kong, CHINA) - Freshly grinded delicious black sesame dessert soup pudding Sham Shui Po

I thought this was really nice. The texture of the dessert soup was really thick and grainy. There was a nutty aroma that came with it, and just enough sweetness to back it up.

Next time, I got to try the pudding.




Food Rating: 5.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop B, G/F, 23 Yu Chau Street, Prince Edward, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Prince Edward
Tel: +852 6935-5856
Opening Hours: 10:00am - 10:00pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think