Monday, March 18, 2024

Jinfan Chaozhou Cuisine 金凡潮汕菜 (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

It's been a while since I last had chiu chow food for dinner. My last encounter with a chiu chow restaurant had to date back more than five months ago when Nik came back from UK and we had a catch-up meal with him at Wah Yuen Chiuchow Cuisine (華苑潮州閣). That felt like years ago already.

Jinfan Chaozhou Cuisine 金凡潮汕菜 [Hong Kong, CHINA] - New authentic chiu chow restaurant Tsim Sha Tsui good price

I was the one tasked with finding our dinner venue for tonight and the filter of "chiu chow" and "new restaurant" ended up netting me a new opening in Tsim Sha Tsui by the name of Jinfan Chaozhou Cuisine (金凡潮汕菜). It's in a neighborhood I know very well too, as my hair stylist is just working across the street.

Jinfan Chaozhou Cuisine 金凡潮汕菜 [Hong Kong, CHINA] - New authentic chiu chow restaurant Tsim Sha Tsui good price

Stir-fried kale with dried flounder (方魚炒芥蘭) ($118) – I love the savory-sweet dried flounder working well with the crunchy kale. I could never resist having crunchy kale.

Jinfan Chaozhou Cuisine 金凡潮汕菜 [Hong Kong, CHINA] - New authentic chiu chow restaurant Tsim Sha Tsui - Stir-fried kale with dried flounder (方魚炒芥蘭)

Beef noodles with satay sauce (沙爹牛肉炒河粉) ($148) – I was a little worried about the satay sauce being a little over the top but this was more sweet than spicy, which was right up my alley. 

The flat noodles were really nicely done and I liked the way the satay sauce was sticking to it.

Jinfan Chaozhou Cuisine 金凡潮汕菜 [Hong Kong, CHINA] - New authentic chiu chow restaurant Tsim Sha Tsui - Beef noodles with satay sauce (沙爹牛肉炒河粉)

Oyster pancakes (巷口爆炸蠔餅) ($148) – One of my favorite chiu chow dishes of all time. The oyster pancakes looked a little more deep-fried than usual and as a result, the crust was a lot more flaky. It meshed really well with what I thought was honey sauce on the side.

Jinfan Chaozhou Cuisine 金凡潮汕菜 [Hong Kong, CHINA] - New authentic chiu chow restaurant Tsim Sha Tsui - Oyster pancakes (巷口爆炸蠔餅)

I couldn't believe my luck tonight! A random pick from the internet turned out to be quite a gem. At the end, we were just totally stuffed but we decided to get ourselves some dessert on our way back home. We always have room for dessert. I have another gear for that and I think we all do! 😉😉 




Food Rating: 6/10
Price: $$$
Address: G/F, 46-48 Granville Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Tsim Sha Tsui
Tel: +852 2818-8835



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think