Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Chatterbox Express Cityplaza (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

I can't believe I am taking half a day off just to get little nugget's passport renewed. Things got rolling early in the morning and by the time I finished everything up, it was time for an early lunch before I head back to my office to get some work done.

Chatterbox Express Cityplaza [Hong Kong, CHINA] - Best Asian Malaysian Singaporean restaurant Taikoo city Pan-fried carrot cake (黑醬油炒蘿蔔糕) Char Kway Teow (星洲海鮮炒貴刁)

I wasn't really paying attention but this branch of Chatterbox Express at Cityplaza suddenly caught my eyes. The interior reminded me so much of Triple O's back in their hay days. Do they (
Triple O's) still exist in Hong Kong (I haven't checked them out for a long time)?

Chatterbox Express Cityplaza [Hong Kong, CHINA] - Best Asian Malaysian Singaporean restaurant Taikoo city Pan-fried carrot cake (黑醬油炒蘿蔔糕) Char Kway Teow (星洲海鮮炒貴刁)

When they said Express, I thought they meant a smaller food menu here but I still found all the usual suspects around.

Chatterbox Express Cityplaza [Hong Kong, CHINA] - Best Asian Malaysian Singaporean restaurant Taikoo city Pan-fried carrot cake (黑醬油炒蘿蔔糕) Char Kway Teow (星洲海鮮炒貴刁) Food menu

When I added in all the options, this ain't a cheap express meal at all.

Chatterbox Express Cityplaza [Hong Kong, CHINA] - Best Asian Malaysian Singaporean restaurant Taikoo city Pan-fried carrot cake (黑醬油炒蘿蔔糕) Char Kway Teow (星洲海鮮炒貴刁)

Ceylon milk tea (錫蘭奶茶) 
– The tea was stronger than I expected from a place like Chatterbox. A little more milk would definitely help.
 
Chatterbox Express Cityplaza [Hong Kong, CHINA] - Best Asian Malaysian Singaporean restaurant Taikoo city Pan-fried carrot cake (黑醬油炒蘿蔔糕) Char Kway Teow (星洲海鮮炒貴刁)

Pan-fried carrot cake (黑醬油炒蘿蔔糕) – Oh I miss having Singaporean Chai Tow Kway (菜頭粿) which usually comes in two different flavors, black carrot cake and white carrot cake. This one I ordered here was of course of the black variety.

The carrot cake was pretty tasty. The tiny cubes of radish were bursting with strong flavors from the dark soy, and finished off with fresh chives and scrambled eggs. I thought a little bit of extra kick would make this very heavenly. 

Chatterbox Express Cityplaza [Hong Kong, CHINA] - Best Asian Malaysian Singaporean restaurant Taikoo city Pan-fried carrot cake (黑醬油炒蘿蔔糕) Char Kway Teow (星洲海鮮炒貴刁)

Char Kway Teow (星洲海鮮炒貴刁) – Wok-fried rice noodles with prawns, squid, Chinese sausages, and crispy silverfish tossed in sweet soya sauce. Another favorite Singaporean dish of mine. This was nicely done with generous portion. The only thing that was missing here was the spicy kick of chilli, which seemed to be absent from both of my dishes this afternoon.

Chatterbox Express Cityplaza [Hong Kong, CHINA] - Best Asian Malaysian Singaporean restaurant Taikoo city Pan-fried carrot cake (黑醬油炒蘿蔔糕) Char Kway Teow (星洲海鮮炒貴刁)




Food Rating: 5.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop G515, G/F, Kin On Mansion, 7 Tai Yue Avenue, Tai Koo, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Tai Koo
Tel: +852 2904-8603
Opening Hours: 11:00am - 9:00pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think