Monday, March 18, 2024

Grindie 研香 (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★★☆

It was nice to see that at 9pm, Tsim Sha Tsui was still buzzing. Well, at least Hau Fook Street (厚福街) was. Instead of trying some place new, I decided to go back to one of my favorite dessert shop, Grindie (研香) for my sweet treat.



Ginger soup with sweet rice balls (薑汁湯圓) 
– I was all geared up for their signature pistachio dessert soup but it was all sold out for the night so this was my Plan B.



The ginger soup really came with some serious heat but it was the match made in heaven with the tong yuen. Yes, the wrapper was a little thick tonight but the sweetness from the black sesame paste definitely helped to offset the extra kick from the ginger.





Food Rating: 6/10
Price: $$$
Address: G/F, 7 Hau Fook Street, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Tsim Sha Tsui
Tel: +852 2386-8806
Opening Hours: 1:00pm - 11:30pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think