Saturday, March 30, 2024

Mei Zhi Lian Haiya Mega Mall 米芝蓮港澳美食薈萃 海雅繽紛城店 (Shenzhen, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

With all the kids off to 星際傳奇 for Minecraft, I figured I should have enough Me Time to explore Haiya Mega Mall (海雅繽紛城) on my own. There were a number of eateries on the lower levels but following our Peking duck feast, I wasn’t keen to start any meal anytime soon. But a small snack at Mei Zhi Lian (米芝莲港澳美食荟萃) could be an option.


Mei Zhi Lian is a small food stall offering a small variety of street snacks from Hong Kong and Macau. They are raving about their eggettes left and right so I assume this is their signature here.


Mammy Pancake (媽咪雞蛋仔) have really set the bar high for eggettes in Hong Kong before Covid. They offer some of the funkiest flavors of eggettes and generally, provide good value for money. I said generally cuz just before the pandemic, their expansion was way too aggressive and without question, affecting their quality at the end (for certain outposts).

Unfortunately, the funkiest flavor they’ve got here was taro with mochi which didn’t excite me a bit so for nostalgia’s sake, I ended up getting the eggette with “runny chocolate”, the same thing I usually got from Mammy Pancake.

This wasn’t bad. The texture was more chewy than crispy, which was the way I like it. The chocolate wasn’t runny though. I am not sure how you make the chocolate runny in the middle.


Well, it was almost time to re-join the group. It’s been a long day, and I can’t wait to go back to the hotel and crash!




Food Rating: 5/10
Price: ¥¥¥
Address: Level B1F, No. 99 Jian'an 1st Road, Bao'an Central District, Shenzhen, China
深圳市宝安中心区建安一路99号海雅缤纷城B1楼
Tel: +86 (755) 13416246272
Opening Hours: 10:00am - 10:00pm daily
Map: https://j.map.baidu.com/43/uNui 



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think