Tuesday, August 15, 2023

The Mandarin Cake Shop (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★★☆

A couple of medical check-ups brought me to Central early this morning. By the time, I was done, it was almost noon time and I have yet to have my breakfast. Luckily, this is an area in no shortage of breakfast spots and I was able to find one just steps away.



The Mandarin Cake Shop has been one of my favorite breakfast spots in Central for years. They have some of the best bakery goods in the city including my favorite doughnuts



This is what I call a perfect breakfast in the morning! English breakfast tea and hazelnut chocolate doughnut



I don't mind having this once a week!


The choux pastry was as good as any in Hong Kong. Very soft and pillowy, with rich and silky smooth hazelnut chocolate custard cream oozing out slowly from the middle.


I haven't had tea all morning so this was perfect to go with my doughnut.


 



Food Rating: 6.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: M/F, Mandarin Oriental Hong Kong, 5 Connaught Road, Central, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Central
Tel: +852 2825-4008
Website: www.mandarinoriental.com.hk/hongkong/fine-dining/the-mandarin-cake-shop
Opening Hours: 8:00am - 8:00pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think