Saturday, August 19, 2023

Gonpachi Odaiba 權八 台場 (Tokyo, JAPAN) ★★★☆☆

I am meeting up with the gang at Gonpachi Odaiba (權八 台場), a Japanese skewer restaurant Jelloman and I knew all too well from our handful of visits in the past decade. I was taking my time outside the restaurant taking pictures but mom spotted me immediately. She still has a very good eye (or two).



I always love sitting at the counter table to watch the chefs work with the charcoal grills but that's not happening with our large group tonight.



One of the reasons we always come back to this branch of Gonpachi was the view of Rainbow Bridge. And the fact that it has its own online booking system made things much much easier for foreigners like us. Not many Japanese restaurants have their own booking system.



They pretty much finished ordering when I arrived and its looked like it would be a feast on some of Gonpachi's most popular charcoal grilled skewers. 

"Tsukune" ground chicken stick (320 yen) – The ground chicken stick was disappointingly very average. 

Mochi wrapped with bacon (350 yen) – The bacon wasn't entirely crispy on the outside but the funny texture was indeed worth a shot.


"Tebasaki" chicken wings (360 yen) – Always the calling card here. These were again very nice and the seasoning was on par.


Sweet corn (?) – I was told they were more on the hard side.


Eringi mushroom (250 yen)  The eringi mushrooms came with some slight woody and earthy notes, complemented well by the smokiness from the charcoal grill.


I was hoping there would be firework show tonight (to celebrate summer?) but that's just wishful thinking on my part.




Food Rating: 4.5/10
Price: ¥¥¥
Address: Shop 401F-A, 4/F Aqua City Odaiba, 1-7-1 Daiba, Minato-ku, Tokyo 135-8718, Japan
Closest Metro Station: Daiba / Odaiba-kaihinkoen
Tel: +81 3-3599-4807
Website: www.gonpachi.jp/odaiba
Opening Hours: 11:30am - 11:00pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think