Saturday, August 26, 2023

Délices tarte & café at Links Umeda (Osaka, JAPAN) ★★☆☆☆

I think I finally found the quickest way to travel from Osaka to the heart of Arashiyama (or vice versa). There were so many different paths to take and different websites offer different suggestions so I got all confused before the trip. At the end, I decided to take the safe route by going through Kyoto Station which proved to be a rather painful experience. I didn't have anything bad to say about Kyoto Station but it's always so crowded not to mention the waiting time for trains.

On our way back, we accidentally discovered the Keifuku Randen Tram Line (嵐電 京福電鐵). Having the tram line's Arashiyama Station situated right in the heart of Arashiyama's shopping strip, it was easily the most efficient transportation route from/to Osaka. The tram took us back to Karasuma Station (烏丸駅) in 20 minutes and there we could transfer onto the Hankyu-Kyoto Line (阪急京都線). I thought the whole journey didn't take more than an hour.


Upon our arrival back in Osaka, Jelloman was all fired up for some last-minute shopping in Umeda. I, for one, didn't care much about shopping as I already met my quota for this trip. The plan, then, was to split into two teams. Those who wanted to do shopping left for Hep Five while mom and I decided to sit down for a drink.


When I think about sitting down for a drink in Umeda, my favorite afternoon spot at Ritz Carlton Osaka immediately came to mind. But as there was still a 10 to 15 minute walk that set us apart (from Umeda Station), we agreed to simply grab something quick at Délices tarte & café.


Located on the ground level of Links UmedaDélices tarte & café is a café and cake shop focused primarily on fruit tarts. There were also other offerings including mom's favorite Mont Blanc cakes which was the main reason we ended up sitting down here.


Japanese Mont-Blanc aux marrons – This looked close enough to the picture shown in the poster, but without the gold foil on top.


I didn't care much about getting myself a dessert. I wasn't much of a fan for fruit tarts so just a cup of black tea with milk did the trick for me. I needed my caffeine fix. 


So, this is really IT. My last full day in Osaka. Tomorrow, mom and I will be flying back to Hong Kong while the rest of the crew stay for another couple of days. I have waited almost a year for this trip but it felt like it has ended before it even got started. 





Food Rating: 4/10
Price: ¥¥¥
Address: 1/F Links Umeda, 1−1 Ofukacho, Kita-ku, Osaka, 530-0011 Japan
Closest Metro Station: Umeda
Tel: +81 (0)6 4256-5161
Opening Hours: 11:00am - 10:00pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think