Thursday, August 24, 2023

RAU Patisserie & Chocolate (Kyoto, JAPAN) ★★★★☆

I didn’t get to try any of RAU’s signature desserts on my last visit in Dec 2022 because everything was sold out by 3:30pm when I finally got my Me Time away from the gang. This time around, I made sure that I was the first one lining up at their store front waiting for their opening (Dine-in: 11am, take-away: 10am).

RAU Patisserie & Chocolate [Kyoto, JAPAN] - Best dessert cafe French cake shop Gion amazing

OK, it didn’t quite happen that way but I was able to show up there at around 11:04am. Apart from the out-of-stock items, everything remained intact and at last, I got to choose the dessert I like to start off the day with.

RAU Patisserie & Chocolate [Kyoto, JAPAN] - Best dessert cafe French cake shop Gion amazing

Just for the record, only one party beat me to the starting line.

RAU Patisserie & Chocolate [Kyoto, JAPAN] - Best dessert cafe French cake shop Gion amazing

My idea of a perfect breakfast….

RAU Patisserie & Chocolate [Kyoto, JAPAN] - Best dessert cafe French cake shop Gion amazing

First thing first, my caffeine fix. I got myself a cup of black tea which tasted a little like the Japanese Royal milk tea after adding in the warm milk.

Bin (赤) – One of the patisserie’s most popular items, the red bottle.

RAU Patisserie & Chocolate [Kyoto, JAPAN] - Best dessert cafe French cake shop Gion amazing - Bin (赤)

Wild berry coulis and compote, Earl grey mousse, white chocolate, and rose petals
for some floral notes on top of the tea flavors.

The combination of flavors was pretty complex, which I always enjoy. Matching fruity, floral notes with tea flavors whether it’s Earl grey or Jasmine, I thought it’s always a winning formula, given y there were enough variations of textures in the mix.

RAU Patisserie & Chocolate [Kyoto, JAPAN] - Best dessert cafe French cake shop Gion amazing - Bin (赤)

I am so glad I stopped by to experience this first hand, albeit at the expense of a very delicious and artful matcha ice cream bar at Itoh Kyuemon Gion Shijo (伊藤久右衛門 祇園四条店). Heard it was delicious.






Food Rating: 7/10
Price: ¥¥¥
Address: 3/F Good Nature Station, 1-318-6 Inaricho, Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto, 600-8031, Japan
Closest Metro Station: Kyoto-Kawaramachi
Tel: +81 (0)75 352-3724
Opening Hours: 10:00am - 7:00pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think