Wednesday, August 9, 2023

Queen's Cafe Festival Walk 皇后飯店 又一城 (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

A few weeks ago, news broke that Queen's Cafe (皇后飯店) at Festival Walk (又一城) will be closing down for good after a run of 25 years. The famed restaurant best known for its soy Sauce western cuisine, has been around since 1998 and because of its proximity to my parent's home, we had the pleasure of having dinner there on a number of occasions. Dad wasn't a fan of western cuisine but due to its local twist, we were able to convince him to at least give it a few tries. And he seemed to enjoy it. 



Tonight J.E.R.K. was having our usual quarterly gathering and I managed to talk the guys into coming here one last time before its closure in about a week's time. For me, it's mostly 
for nostalgia's sake.



Baked Pork Chop with Rice (鮮茄焗豬扒飯) – We didn't order any fancy dishes like our neighbours did. Just some simple but iconic dishes from the restaurant starting with this baked pork chop with rice. I thought this was pretty good. 


Beef Stroganoff with spaghetti (俄國牛柳絲意粉) – One of my favorites here.


But I usually had it with steamed rice. The sauce works so well with plain rice.


Spaghetti Bolognese (肉醬意粉) – And finally spaghetti Bolognese. I didn't recall it as a signature dish but some of us wanted something cheesy.  



The velvety milk tea was very nice today. Creamy and rich, yet not over the top with its richness. 



I am going to miss this place simply because I used to dine here so often with my parents and Jelloman (while we were dating). There are rumors about them moving to Wong Chuk Hang after this closure but it ain't going to be the same.





Food Rating: 5/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop 18, L1, Festival Walk, 80 Tat Chee Avenue, Kowloon Tong, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Kowloon Tong
Tel: +852 2265-8288
Opening Hours: 11:00am - 11:00pm daily


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think